Five Star Assisted Living
Help That Fits in Every Way - No matter the level of Assisted Living you need
Five Star Assisted Living communities are designed for seniors who can no longer live on their own, but who do not need 24-hour or complex medical supervision—just friendly assistance with the activities of daily living, such as bathing and dressing, getting around, or medication reminders.
Five Star goes farther than conventional retirement communities to create a perfect fit of support services for each resident, beginning with a customized assessment program, which measures a resident’s Assisted Living needs before moving in.
We make sure the right services are in place for a successful transition, then we follow up within 30 days to make sure we are meeting the resident’s needs. Every resident also gets a quarterly wellness visit to monitor individual health benchmarks and medication needs. And because we also have expertise in skilled nursing health care, we bring that knowledge to our assisted living residents to make sure we’re providing them with the level of help they need, no matter how those needs may change.
And because residents pay for only the services they need, Five Star care is a Perfect Fit for your budget.
Five Star's Healthy Generation Program
The Healthy Generation program at Five Star Senior Living's Assisted Living communities is all about you - your favorite activities & talents, and the people, places and knowledge you’d like to discover. It's about friendship, fitness, and most of all, fun! Join us, and have a great time discovering a healthier you. It is a program of leisure time activities designed to meet your personal interests.
Healthy Generation includes:
- Group programs designed to keep your body and brain fit
- In-house entertainment, as well as trips outside of the community
- An opportunity to be creative and try new things with others.
What do you mean by “Brain Fitness?”
"Brain Fitness" programs are fun activities designed to keep your mind active and alert. Studies have shown that programs like crosswords, bingo and trivia are great ways to maintain, and in some cases, improve memory.
I’m not keen on exercising. Do you have easy ways to keep fit?
Forget "no pain no gain" - based on your input, we offer fun, gentle programs such as dance (yes you can dance in a chair) and other forms of movement.
I like to stay put. What can the Healthy Generation offer me?
While we would like everyone to join in on some type of program for social benefits, Healthy Generation offers many options for your personal enjoyment, including:
- Movies to watch in your room on a DVD player
- Craft projects for one
- Book cart and library service including game books, such as find-a-word and large print crossword puzzles
What’s the entertainment like?
Singers, musicians, special movies, special event entertainment such as hula dancers on Luau Night, or a variety of other entertainment programs designed to let you sit back, relax and enjoy!
What are the group programs like and who decides what they are?
- Each month the recreation staff develops a calendar based on residents’ interests
- We offer at least one “Brain Fitness” program every day.
What kinds of trips do you offer?
- We often get discounted tickets to shows, sporting events, museums and more
- Dining out is a popular trip - fancy or casual
- Some trips are just for fun - a scenic drive, seeing the holiday lights, and going for ice cream
- Some Five Star communities even organize overnight trips, including cruises and theme park destinations